- Facilitate the establishment and improvement of community-based management structures in the selected Watershed Management Units (WMUs);
- Undertake reforestation and agroforestry in selected WMUs;
- Assess forested crown lands and declare forest reserves;
- Develop a Forest Fire Management Programme;
- Promote sustainable livelihood/economic activities;
- Establish river protection infrastructure/structures in selected areas.
Resilience in Coastal Areas:
- Design and implement data collection and database systems for monitoring changes in coastal ecosystems;
- Restore mangrove forests;
- Develop management plans for the effective management of selected marine protected areas (MPAs);
- Establish and/or enhance coastal protection measures in selected areas.
- Use (best-practice) appropriate methods and technologies in restoring seagrass beds;
- Identify and assess possible options for alternative livelihoods and take steps to facilitate them in selected communities.
Climate Change Capacity Building and Awareness:
- Design and implement a comprehensive climate change awareness and educational campaign including culturally relevant materials and resources;
- Provide and disseminate resource materials using existing institutions such as public libraries, and others;
- Create and operationalize publicly accessible GIS-based database and mechanism for data sharing and transfer;
- Identify capacity building/strengthening needs within the government and implement appropriate activities to address these needs;
- Assist in the revision and/or development of policies that will address climate change adaptation and, where appropriate, mitigation to climate change.